If you want to get involved with EyeOnAfrica and raise money for Childreach International, this is your chance. The Three Peaks challenge is a sponsored climb of the three highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales. Sound like something you would like to get involved in so far? Now for the twist: the challenge must be completed in 24 hours. It may sound like an impossible task but in fact it’s perfectly feasible, although you will have an exhausting day!
There could not be a better way to explore your home country. Walking approximately 25 miles, climbing 10,000 feet and travelling around 450 miles, you will get to experience some of the most awesome landscapes that Britain has to offer. To complete Three Peaks challenge you will be climbing the summit of:
- Ben Nevis (4409 feet) – the highest peak in Scotland
- Scafell Pike (3209 feet) – the highest peak in England
- Snowdon (3,560 feet) – the highest peak in Wales.
How much will this challenge cost me?
It could cost next to nothing! If you raise more than £300 you will receive the following:
- Free accommodation throughout the challenge
- Free transportation for the whole challenge (pick-ups/drop-offs will be in Reading and Birmingham)
- The services of an experienced MLTE-qualified mountain guide
- A Childreach International Volunteer T-shirt
- A certificate of achievement.
The cost of organising all of the above means that out of your £300 sponsorship, at least 50 per cent will go directly to Childreach International and 50 per cent to EyeOnAfrica to pay for the event. If you are not happy that some of the money will go towards these costs you can contact us directly to discuss alternative options. Please make sure that your sponsors are aware that some of the money you raised will be used to cover essential costs.
Please note that there is a non-refundable initial donation of £40 required upon registration. This has been put in place to ensure your commitment to the event and to cover administrative costs of running the event.
How do I sign up?
To sign up all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Click on the ‘Sign Me Up Now’ button
- Decide on pick-ups/drop-off location.
- Follow the step-by-step registration process.
If you have any additional questions or want more information please call or email our event manager, Ian Mowbray-William, using the contact details below.